Thursday, July 26, 2012

Brisbane Part 2... Sunshine Coast Hinterland

Apologies that this is out of order but it was bought to my attention by a dear friend that I not included a picture on my blog of the Ginger Tour bus and then I realised that although I drafted Brisbane Part One I hadn't published it or written Brisbane part two which included all the fun that we had at the rainforest retreat in Sunshine Coast's Hinterland - so I am rectifying that now!!

Becca and Glen had arranged a weekend break for us and two other couples at the Templeton Gardens Rainforest retreat, in a traditional-stlye Queenslander...

It was a lovely rainforest retreat with a log burner! There was even a saltwater bush outdoor pool that was at the resort and a spa pool (jacuzzi) that we also made use of even though it was freezing!! That was after a very lovely walk through the rainforest to see Kondalilla Falls


It was lush!! In every sense of the word!!

After our walk we all agreed we'd earned some refreshments and so we headed to a very nice pub for some 'schoners' of beer and some grub and the view wasn't bad either:

The next day I was in for a treat and what holiday would be complete without a visit to.......

Thats right people!!! A 'theme park' dedicated to Ginger!!! It was EPIC!!!!  There was a ginger train ride and a boat ride too where we were following the route of a gingerbread man around the world!!! Ace!!! The highlight was of course his stop in London and if you look closely you'll see on the side of the bus he was on a Ginger Tour!!!

What more can I say - Australians are hilarious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment